Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Busy as a Bee


fields of flowers in Holland

I'm excited and thrilled and a bit overwhelmed right now. Raison d'Art is now a reality, but with that comes work and I'm still running the Art-Works business, even though we sold it, we'll stay on and do what we have been doing for the past 11 years until the end of October. But, we have our first trip in July for Raison d'Art and we already have people wanting information on 2011. We need to develop a website and I've got us on Facebook (Raison d'Art if you want to be our friend) and twitter too (same name). I never thought I'd tweet, but I was reading a great article on the 10 things you need to do to market your business and one thing they suggested was to get on twitter and tweet. I haven't updated it today, what do I say silly stuff like "updating facebook"? Do people really care about that?

A few days ago I joined Start A Business in France. A great service run by Valerie, who is french and knows so much about how businesses work in France. It's very confusing. We are going to register Raison d'Art as a French business, probably a EURL. Valerie takes questions, gives great advice and guides you through all the things you need to do to get things going, pay taxes, etc... It's nice to know there is some help out there.

I was using Stumbleupon today, another site I was told to go to and LIKE things, not add anything for my business, just LIKE stuff. I'm not sure how this helps me, but it's fun. I stumbled upon this quote and I had to share.

Stop buying unnecessary things
Toss half your stuff learn contentedness
Reduce half again
List 4 essential things in your life,
stop doing non-essential things.
Do these essentials first each day, clear distractions
focus on each moment.
Let go of attachment to doing, having more.
Fall in love with LESS

2 comments:

  1. Long time follower of your blog - congrats on taking the plunge and I wish you much success.

    If you need help getting the website off the ground, would love to assist! I'm a web designer who just happens to have an equal love affair with France :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news and I wish you lots of luck!
    I thought you might get a kick out of this blog that I found recently.
    http://pissoupyrenees.blogspot.com/
    The tour de France is going through Rodez (where my parents and one of my sister live). I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete